A thorough strategic assessment can diagnose and begin to treat concerns within a team or organisation which could have the potential to derail progress and inhibit business growth.
Michael James combines industry knowledge with expertise in business strategy to guide bespoke business and strategy assessments. The outcome of any strategy diagnostic is used to define actionable development plans.
Overview or in-depth analysis of current strategy effectiveness at achieving core business goals.
Identification of strategic inhibitors and potential remedies.
The professionally facilitated, strategic planning workshops provide boards and executive teams greater clarity and alignment of both the culture and strategy requirements for business success. Workshops should be run at least annually to define an appropriate approach to strategy and reaffirm or update vision, mission, goals, priorities, and KPIs.
We also define and reaffirm shared leadership values and strategies to enhance team dynamics and cultural performance.
Strategic planning workshops conducted by Michael James include:
- Facilitation of board and executive group activities to fully engage in thinking, planning, and producing business plans which people are fully committed to achieving.
- Provision of insight and tools to further improve team dynamics and decision making.
- Provision of innovative thinking to challenge both the ‘inner’ game and ‘outer’ game to enable higher levels of innovation and performance.
- Design of agenda tailored to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provision of pre-work to optimise outcomes of group planning effectiveness.
This is one-on-one coaching in a highly trusted, safe environment for participants to accelerate their leadership capability and learn to deliver on the current and emerging expectations of their role. It enables participants to build greater self-awareness of their thinking and behavioural styles, strengths, and areas for further development. Individual coaching programs are uniquely tailored, specialised, and highly effective at achieving behavioural change and superior business performance.
Coaching sessions are conducted in person and online and provide participants the opportunity to:
- Reflect on their strengths and professional challenges.
- Create and validate vision, purpose, and values.
- Access assistance in developing longer-term strategies for individual and organisational success.
Participants learn how to:
- Become more effective leaders.
- Build high performing teams and organisational culture.
- Create and role model vision, purpose, and values.
- Better utilise their unique strengths.
- Lead change effectively through various cycles of business strategy.
- Gain higher levels of perspective to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty more effectively.
- Further build their personal executive ‘brand.’
This is coaching within a group workshop environment where participants learn from each other and critical peer conversations are conducted. It is often complimented with individual coaching to accelerate how participants can further improve the way they work with their peers.
Team based coaching focuses on building higher levels of trust amongst team members, mastering dissent and having difficult conversations, and committing to a joint vision and strategy, clear accountability and shared ownership, and attention to joint results.
Group workshops are highly engaging, designed to build on the experience of participants and what’s required in an organisational strategy.
A thorough diagnostic assessment can often uncover what is enabling and what is hindering performance of both individual leaders and leadership teams.
Various tools are used to assess the current and desired behaviours of individuals and leadership teams as well as the context in which these leaders are performing. Our experienced consultants use the following to provide unique insights to assess leadership and cultural gaps in addition to interviews and observations of regular team meetings:
- Leadership Circle ProfileTM
- Collective Leadership AssessmentTM
- Clifton Strengths Finder
- DISC profiling
- Lifestyles inventory
- Leadership Impact
- Organisational Culture Inventory
- Organisational Effectiveness Inventory
Our leadership and cultural assessments enable us to provide a highly effective, tailored leadership development programs for individual leaders and leadership teams.